Writing Prompt #1
Everyone is an expert at something. Some people are experts at making things while other people are experts at doing things. Think about something that you make or do well.
Write an essay in which you describe what you are an expert at and then explain why you are an expert. Use details and examples to support your ideas.
Writing Prompt #2
Think about inventions that have affected our lives. Select one invention that you think has had an impact on our lives.
Write an essay in which you describe the invention and then explain why this invention has been good or bad for society. Use details and examples to support your ideas.
Writing Prompt #3
Some students at your school expressed an interest in making the school more attractive by getting rid of the trash on the school grounds.
Write a persuasive essay for your school paper in which you convince the readers of the importance of getting rid of the trash and making the school more attractive. Convince your readers through the use of specific reasons and examples.
The following checklist will help you do your best work!
Make sure you:
– Read the description of the task carefully.
– Organize your writing with a strong introduction, body, and conclusion.
– State your position, support it with specific examples, and address the reader’s concerns.
– Use words that are appropriate for your audience and purpose.
– Vary your sentences to make your writing interesting to read.
– Check for mistakes in grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and sentence formation.