Pre-writing has three parts:
1. Choosing a topic
What is the focus of your essay?
2. Exploring a topic
Gather information, facts, and details.
Study and research your topic?
3. Organizing/planning your writing
Create an Outline based on the information you have gathered and the research you have done.
– Create an outline/prewriting graph for each main idea you will discuss in your essay.
– Under each main idea, include supporting ideas and details. These ideas and details will come from the research you completed. Jot down specifics which will help the reader understand the main idea.
– Use supporting ideas and details that help clarify, explain, describe, and illustrate the main idea.
– Finally, select the level you will use in GoWrite! based on the number of paragraphs you plan to have in your essay.